Sony Xperia Z4, finally announced
After all the rumors and discussions, Sony Japan has finally announced its Sony Xperia Z4. The new Sony Xperia Z4 is said to have an aluminium frame and a 5.2 inch Quad-HD display. Looks wise, the phone is almost as similar to its previous version, the Sony Xperia Z3. Other than that, the phone is said to be slightly thinner – 6.9mm.
The major changes done to this model are as follows:-
1. Processor: Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810.
2. Graphics Processor : Adreno 430.
3. Front Camera: 5MP (1080p @30fps).
4. Internal Memory: The basic model comes with 32GB internal memory while the upgraded one comes with 64GB memory.
5. Battery: The battery has been reduced from 3100 mAh to 2930 mAh.
Sony said the Xperia Z4 would be available in Japan around the middle of the year, though it did not provide a launch date, details on carrier partners or price. The handset would be available in four colors.
There’s a broad variety in the prices of smartphones, from around $100 to $1,400 at the upper end. We want to focus in the upper half of that.
~ Hiroki Totoki (President/CEO – Sony Mobile Communications Inc)
With the decrease in demand for Sony’s phone due to the increasing competition and the availability of much better phones at a lower price, Sony is trying focus on cutting cost rather than growing its mobile market.