How to lock your Laptop with a Pen Drive
Try this at Your Own Risk!
The Cyber Space is not a tough job. Whatever happens is just a trick and some workarounds. This is a trick where we can actually use a pen drive as an authentication measure to open our laptop. Along with being secure, it’s also cool.
All you need are 2 things
- Your pen drive
- Your laptop/PC. (Not yours actually, I would suggest using a test PC)
- Connect your pen drive to your laptop. Press Windows Button + R together. It will open a dialog box. Type diskmgmt.msc, hit ok
- It will open this screen for you. Locate your pen drive here. Right click and go to Change drive letter and paths. Select the drive letter here and click on Change.
- Change this path to A: and Close the window.
- Press Window’s button + R again. Now type in Syskey here. If not enabled, enable encryption and when prompts, go to the System Generated password block.
- Here, Select Store startup key on Floppy disk. Hit OK.
- It will ask you to press OK. And Voila!, it is this simple.
Now the next time you open your laptop, without this pen drive, you wouldn’t really reach the login screen